NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Back to Eden Bakery is a small batch,dedicated vegan gluten-free bakery and cafe committed to serving high quality, nourishing foods that are lovingly prepared and accessible to people with all dietary needs and preferences. Our storefront location is at 2217 NE Alberta St. in Northeast Portland and we conduct all of our baking and food production in a kitchen located directly behind.
We are looking for an experienced kitchen worker to join our fun, talented and inspired team as a production baker. The ideal candidate for this position is production minded, thrives in the early morning, has some baker’s intuition and a positive attitude. We have a really awesome crew and are looking for a compatible person to compliment our current team dynamic.
– Responsible for dry prep through final execution of morning pastry, cookies, bars, pies, etc.
– Expected to support the production team with dishwashing, boxing & restocking as needed.
– Work schedule involves mornings (4:30 am start time) 5 days a week including weekends.
– Shifts are roughly 7 – 8 hours each day depending upon workload and the business demand.
– On average you could expect to work 35- 40 hours per week after training.
– Flexibility regarding scheduling is a basic expectation of every team member.
– Ability to get along as a part of a team is essential.
– Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time and lift up to 50 lbs
– Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year experience in the food industry.
– Experience with and a passion for vegan and/or gluten-free cooking extremely helpful.
Starting hourly wage is competitive and DOE.
Send us a cover letter describing yourself and why you would like to join our team along with your resume to be considered for this position.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to contact everyone who applies. We will be in contact with you if we have questions or to invite you in for an interview. Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us!