NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Located in the Pearl, family-owned World Foods offers an eclectic shopping experience in a warm and welcoming environment. To better serve our loyal customers we are looking to add a few positions to our current staff of dynamic and committed employees.
We are looking for a Produce Clerk that is detail oriented, clean, efficient, able to remain calm under pressure, and has a positive attitude. Our Produce Clerks are responsible for ensuring our products stand out to our customers based on the quality of the products and the creative presentation. This entails culling spoiled product, correctly recording waste, and following the layout guidelines communicated by the Produce Manager. To be considered for this position, the following is required:
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– One year of experience in a similar position and industry.
– Ability to speak, understand, and write in English.
– Ability to handle knives in a safe and effective manner.
– Ability to manage workload with little direction.
– Basic mathematical skills.
– Strong problem solving skills.
– Strong time management skills.
– Strong communication skills.
This position will be full-time with a varying schedule and has an hourly rate that is dependent upon experience. Full-time positions at World Foods are eligible for benefits the first of the month following 60 days of employment.