Morning Pastry Baker – Hood River
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Pine Street is a small but busy neighborhood bakery. We make everything in house and from scratch. We use best quality ingredients, bake with Shedpherd’s Grain Flour, Bob’s Red Mill whole grains and locally sourced fruits and honey. The morning pastry baker is responsible for mixing and baking all pastry products for sale in Pine Street Bakery. This position requires an attention to detail, a desire to continually improve upon one’s skills as a baker, and an ability to work cooperatively in a customer service environment.
• Ability to learn, understand, and develop competency in all aspects of the PSB baking shift
• Read, write, and speak English
• Comprehension and use of basic math skills
• Ability to maintain consistent procedures
• Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with coworkers
• Ability to work in a fast paced physically demanding environment while maintaining safe practices.
Detail of responsibilities:
• Efficient and consistent mixing, forming, proofing and baking
• Maximize sales by maintaining production numbers
• Meet regularly with the Pastry Lead, Manager and Owner re: seasonal product development
• Maintenance and cleaning of production utensils and work areas
• Quality control and culling of unusable product
• Inventory maintenance; work with bakery Manager to properly maintain a working inventory with proper pars and optimum freshness of ingredients
• Standing for 100% of the shift worked
• Participating in procedures that require a high level of repetitive motion involving the hands, wrists, arms and back.
• Working with heavy equipment including Hobart mixers, rack ovens and reach-in freezers
• Lifting up to 50 lbs. repeatedly during the course of a shift
• Lifting, carrying, and moving products and materials up to 30 lbs. several dozen times in the course of a day
• Ability to exercise discretion and safe procedures as outlined in training while performing aforementioned tasks.