Experienced Cake Decorator/Baker
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for someone who loves to have fun in the kitchen, be creative and has a love for all things sweet!
Here’s a description of the job:
Working under the supervision of the Pastry Chef and Owner, the full time cake decorator/baker helps oversee and organize bakery orders, producing baked goods, decorating various cakes/cookies/pastries, helps keep kitchen clean and organized, along with performing other tasks as assigned by the Pastry Chef.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and help organize bakery orders
2. Professionally interact with co-workers, clients, vendors and visitors.
3. Organize all bakery orders to ensure accuracy and clear direction in the kitchen.
4. Proactively communicate on details for all custom orders with administrative assistant and pastry chef to ensure correct order information.
5. Work closely with the Pastry Chef and Owner along with any other kitchen staff members.
6. Keep attention to detail while measuring all recipes, after three large measuring mistakes there will be a review for possible termination.
7. Keeping kitchen station clean and sanitized, includes doing dishes and keeping proper sanitation practices, sweeping and mopping of kitchen floors.
8. Able to express creativity while decorating pastries and showing your true artist!
9. Able to lift 50# and work on your feet for 8 hours or more.
10. Help pastry chef with ordering ingredients and ordering of paper products/boxes/cake boards/etc.
11. Must keep hair pulled back, no nail polish, clean shirt and long pants/jeans and slip resistant shoes and show up to work ready to work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Creative and able to design cakes and cookies within the style of Le Cookie Monkey
2. Proactive self-starter and able to willingly discover tasks and opportunities within the position.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to operate kitchen equipment, Hobart mixer, etc.
5. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and requests.
1. At least three (3) years of experience in baking and decorating.
2. High school degree.
3. Must be computer literate.
4. Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
5. Cheery disposition and high level of energy towards day-to-day tasks is ideal.