NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Help us in our mission to reduce the social, health and behavioral consequences of substance use and mental health disorders for the most vulnerable residents of our community.
CODA: Building health and recovery through compassionate, evidence-based care.
We have a great opportunity for a part-time Cook to join our Residential Support team in Tigard.
In this position, you would fulfill the following essential functions:
• Plan nutritionally-sound menus for three meals a day, seven days a week. Menus must accommodate any residents who have special dietary needs.
• Develop and manage the food service budget. Identify, prioritize, and arrange purchase of all food and kitchen supplies needed to prepare daily meals. Develop food vendor relationships and purchase food for multiple sites. As requested, research and select food product vendors.
• Prepare and cook meals.
• In coordination with the Nurse Practitioner and consulting nutritionist/dietician, identify and attend to staff and patient nutrition-education needs specific to a chemically-dependent population.
• Assure compliance with Oregon Health Department institutional food-service regulations.
This position also requires the following qualifications:
• At least two years’ culinary-school training or equivalent is required.
• Applicant must possess an Oregon Food Handler’s card.
• At least two year’s experience in menu planning and food preparation for large groups of people in a health-care environment is required.
All CODA facilities are drug-free and smoke-free worksites. Employees may not be serving any supervised parole or probation. Individuals in recovery from substance use disorders must be able to demonstrate continuous abstinence under independent living conditions for the past 2 years.
CODA is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website Apply Online! https://rew12.ultipro.com/COD1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=706
For additional information on CODA, our services, and our community, please visit http://www.codainc.org