NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Performs all functions related to wine and specialty item preparation, counter service, sanitation, and stocking of products. Purchases and merchandises all wine and beer products for department. Maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient Customer Service.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases, shelves, and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
- Assist customers in selecting wine, beer, and other specialty products.
- Purchase all wine and beer for department.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Create effective merchandising displays and support sampling program.
- Request and ensure proper signs for all sale items.
- Participate in regional promotions program.
- Process invoices and returns.
- Maintain organized and safe back stock area.
- Control spoilage: generate turn movement; and participate in monthly inventory.
- Follow and comply with all applicable alcohol handling and service regulations, health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Wine equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Extensive knowledge in beer/wine production and description. Able to communicate wine pairing with a variety of product offerings.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of a position that requires a lifting and stacking of boxes.
- Ability to learn proper use of baler (age requirements may apply) and all other equipment used during food preparation and clean up.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Communicate and teach product knowledge to staff.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.