Wholesale Pastry Baker
Greetings! Thanks for checking out this job on Poached. Grand Central Bakery is seeking a pastry baker for our Wholesale Pastry department. Please read through the following requirements/job description and write an e-mail about why you’re a great fit for this position, why you want to work for Grand Central, and why baking is important to you. Please attach your current resume.
1) You’re a go-getter, a self-starter, a person who wants nothing more than to dive into the bakery lifestyle, and you have at least 1 year of baking production experience.
2) You are enthusiastic about and able to work 10pm-6am.
3) You really enjoy working with a diverse group of people in a great facility.
4) You’ve visited Grand Central Bakery. You have soaked up the scene and can see yourself thriving in this environment.
5) You have visited our website at www.grandcentralbakery.com and can be conversant about our company.
6) You love food – especially Grand Central’s.
7) Experience with Viennoiserie is a plus.
Job Overview: A Wholesale Pastry baker is directly responsible for baking and packing all finished pastry to be sold wholesale by Grand Central Bakery. A WP baker will work with the WP Lead and Commissary Pastry to establish and follow efficient systems, good communication between pastry production and the sales team, and exact high levels of quality control.
Supervision: WP bakers are managed by the Retail Pastry Manager as well as being accountable to the Cuisine Manager and the Commissary Production Department.
Schedule Requirements: This is a 35-40 hour per week position. The shift begins at 10 p.m., or adjusted as necessary to meet sales demands. Assisting other departments may be required as necessary.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Bakers should follow efficient, correct and safe work procedures.
• Follow efficient production systems, and have an attention to detail
• Promote a professional and cooperative work environment for all employees and uphold all company policies and procedures
• In the absence of the Lead, assume responsibility for all Wholesale Pastry issues. Be a pro-active problem solver and the primary contact person for delivery, sales, and commissary staff
• Provide feedback to both staff and to management
• Ability to order and manage inventory for all products used by department.
• Work with Pastry Management team to set and maintain high standards of quality control and production efficiency
• Participate in product development and development of systems to improve efficiency and quality
• Check and respond to email in a timely manner
• Be familiar with GCB locations and management structure
• Attend and contribute to all departmental meetings
Physical Requirements and environmental demands
Standing for 100% of the shift worked
Walking up to the equivalent of two miles per shift
Ability to start shift at 10 p.m. and work through the night.
Participating in procedures that require a high level of repetitive motion involving the hands, wrists, arms and back.
Lifting up to 50 lbs. repeatedly during the course of a shift
Lifting, carrying, and moving products and materials up to 30 lbs. several dozen times in the course of a day
Ability to follow safe procedures as outlined in training while performing aforementioned tasks.
Hourly pay starts at $13/hr
Benefits include health, dental, 401(k), and paid vacation and sick time
– See more at: http://portland.poachedjobs.com/jobs/wholesale-pastry-baker/#sthash.zuD16iuU.dpuf