Staffing and Operations Manager (Award-Winning Catering Company)
Join an established and growing catering company that has earned a reputation of exceeding client’s expectations year-over-year. Events range from intimate gatherings, large corporate events, weddings and more!
Currently seeking a Staffing and Operations Manager for an award winning catering company in Portland, Oregon. The Manager will oversee staffing and event execution for off-premise catering events throughout the metro area. Manage a team of 7 Event Managers and a seasonal staff of up to 150 bartenders and servers. As a leader in this ever growing business the Staffing and Operations Manager will report directly to the General Manager.
Qualifications; The ideal Staffing and Operations Manager candidate will bring visionary leadership and operational efficiency to the business. They will have;
• High-end catering operations experience (off-premise experience preferred)
• A track record of executing a variety of off-premise events including; staffing and operational execution of in-home, corporate, wedding and non-profit catering events
• Eloquent and hospitable presence including; the ability to connect with clients, vendors and co-workers (sales, culinary and operations departments)
• Proven track record of successful hiring, training and developing both front-line employees and management team members
• Excellent customer service and account management skills
• Ability to multi-task and maintain the integrity and details of 45 events monthly
• Proven track record of developing a collaborative work environment
• Excellent computer skills and experience using a CRM or similar (Caterease, Social Tables, Staffmate, etc.)
• Intelligent verbal and written communication skills; Spanish fluency a plus
• Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of escalating experience OR 10+ years of leadership experience
Benefits; The Staffing and Operations Manager position includes a base salary + bi-weekly commission. Benefits include; healthcare, dental, long-term disability and vacation.