Special Events Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Andina Restaurant, located in the heart of The Pearl District, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic full-time Special Events Manager. We are an independent, family-owned, Peruvian restaurant, serving upscale food in both a casual and fine dining setting. Andina was named 2005 Restaurant of the Year by The Oregonian, recognized by Gourmet Magazine in their 2004 restaurant guide as being a “Big Deal” in Portland, and selected as one of 100 Favorite Restaurants Worldwide by the 2008 Robb Report. In addition, we were recognized by Oregon Bride Magazine as the #1 restaurant to have a wedding rehearsal dinner in 2013.
The successful candidate must possess the personal organization, drive, and temperament to thrive amidst the hustle and bustle of an extremely busy restaurant. Essential qualifications include strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, a high level of computer literacy, being detail- oriented and comfortable with accountability for sales goals, and most importantly, the personality and demeanor to effectively engage new clients and nourish existing relationships.
As a member of our private dining team, the Special Events Manager is responsible for ensuring that Andina is consistently delivering extraordinary events, in part by sustaining the hospitality and guest focus for which Andina is renowned. They must have excellent follow-through, maintain organized records, and be fully capable of accurately relaying information to both clients and other departments within the restaurant in timely manner, with a clear understanding that the particulars of some events are in constant flux. The very nature of our business requires extraordinary patience and a positive disposition. Spanish language skills are not mandatory, but would certainly be a benefit.
This is a full-time salary position plus commission.
The schedule is 50 hours per week on average, generally 9:00 AM through 7:00 PM, and the work schedule is likely to be Tuesday through Saturday. You must be able to work holidays and flexibility is a must to allow for coverage of vacation, sickness, special events and the December holiday season. Please note Andina is open on all holidays except Christmas Day.
All applicants should carefully consider the following points;
• Adobe Creative Suite (PC) or PageMaker
• Microsoft Office
• Caterease (previous experience would be ideal)
• Open Table (previous experience would be ideal)
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in event industry
• Self-starter, meticulous planner with a detail oriented mindset
• Must be organized and maintain accurate and orderly documentation
• Strong verbal communication skills, able to give instructions and communicate ideas clearly and concisely
•Strong writing and editing skills
• A warm and engaging customer service personality with genuine
hospitality and guest focus
• Sales focus; optimizing revenue and converting inquiry into bookings
• Organized and able to multi-task despite constant distraction.
• Strategic Outreach; building business with existing and future clients
• Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
• Ability both to work independently and to take direction
• Team player and coordinator, exhibiting a willingness to help others
outside of your department
• Patience, a positive attitude, and resilience; a sense of humor is
also a plus!
• Bi-lingual English and Spanish, verbal and written
• Travel to Peru/South America, familiarity with Peruvian cuisine
• Restaurant experience
• Understanding of design programs
Please e-mail your resume, references, and favorite bands/music picks for immediate consideration. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a great team!