NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Greetings! Thanks for checking out this Sandwich Lead position on Poached. Please read through the following requirements/job description and write me an e-mail about why you’re a great fit for this position. Please attach your current resume.
1) You really, truly love customer service and get a charge out of serving all kinds of people.
2) You have food service experience, preferably in a bakery or café setting. In-depth coffee and sandwich making skills preferred.
3) You’ve visited Grand Central Bakery. You have soaked up the scene and can see yourself thriving in this environment.
4) You have visited our website at www.grandcentralbakery.com and can be conversant about our company.
5) You love food – especially Grand Central’s.
General Description: The Sandwich Lead is a retailer whose primary focus is producing, monitoring quality, and improving efficiency in production of all sandwiches, breakfast items, salads, and soup. Sandwiches and soup are a major portion of our sales at the Café therefore the consistent, hygienic, and speedy production of these products is very important.
Supervision: The Sandwich lead is directly supervised by the Café Manager.
Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform Duties:
• Must have excellent communication skills. Delegate and motivates in a professional, fair and positive way.
• Read, write and speak English.
• Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with coworkers.
• Must display professionalism and personality with customers.
• Must be a proactive problem solver. Comes to management with solutions in mind.
o Must be a thorough and competent trainer.
o Must model all retail expectations, policies, procedures, and systems, set the best possible example.
• Must possess natural leadership skills and be looking to grow and improve those skills.
• Motivates others for increased performance, both verbally and through demonstration.
• Must possess an intimate knowledge of all GCB products, policies, and procedures.
• Must know the ingredients and appropriate portioning of all GCB sandwiches, salads, and entrees.
• Must be organized, self-motivated, and have the ability to move fast.
• Insure that every sandwich made at the bar is consistent with stated quality and structure guidelines.
• Train all retail employees on sandwiches before they ever work the bar.
• Assume responsibility for accurate ordering and inventory for all products used by the bar.
• Monitor quality, consistency, and efficiency of all sliced and prepped products.
• Establish and maintain a system of pars for all products used by Sandwich Bar.
• Monitor quality and service of soup and side bread.
• Create and communicate about specials.
• Monitor use of proper abbreviations.
• Maintain/create all shift and par sheets
• Relay management issues to retailers, supporting management decisions at all times.
• Hold others accountable to all policies, procedures, and systems.
• Communicate with management about any and all concerns.
o Meet regularly with Café Manager.
• Develops free-flowing, productive communication with all other Leads in the Cafe.
• Promotes a positive workplace at all times.
Tools and Equipment Used:
• Sharp Knife
• Espresso Machine
• Double Boilers
• Cash Register
• Tosti Grill
S: Seldom (1-10%) O: Occasional (10-30%) F: Frequent (30%-70%) C: Constant (Over 70%) N/A: Not Applicable
Sitting S Standing C Walking C Driving N/A
Hearing C Seeing C Lifting 20lbs Carrying 20lbs
Pushing/Pulling 100lbs Climbing Stairs/ Ladders O Bending/ Twisting at waist F Kneeling/Squatting O
Crouching/Kneeling O Crawling S Reaching above shoulder O Repetitive Arm/ Hand Motion C
Handling/ Grasping C Fine Finger Manipulation C
Additional Physical Information:
•Procedures requiring a high-level of repetitive motion involving hands, wrists, arms and back.
•Ability to exercise discretion and safe procedures as outlined in training while performing above-mentioned tasks.