The Jantzen Beach Bar & Grill is located inside the Red Lion Hotel On The River – Jantzen Beach. If you are passionate about delivering quality service and possess excellent leadership and drive coupled with superior communication and multitasking abilities then we would like to talk with you.
In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for assisting management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of employees, aiding in monitoring productivity, assigning responsibility for specified work and/or functional activities within the framework set by management, give work directions and monitor scheduling for adequate shift coverage. This position also monitors compliance with all corporate standards and through leadership and example, encourages the highest level of sales and customer service performance by our employees.
* At least 3 years experience as a supervisor in a full-service, reputable dining establishment
* Prior supervisor experience in running a full bar and nightclub
* Strong knowledge of both front and back of the house operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction
* Passion for food and wine, committed to a “highly satisfied” guest, combined with a drive for continuous learning and a sincere desire to be the best
* Must be flexible with your schedule and able to work either an AM or PM shift
* Must be available to work weekends and holidays
* Ability to communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand request, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
* Prior experience with training and developing staff
* Have the ability to support the Restaurant Manager to coordinate the activities of the staff in order to deliver quality product and service to all guest.
* Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics
* Enjoys a fast-paced, customer service, success driven environment
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
* Exhibit working knowledge of scheduling
*Social Media Knowledge/Marketing Knowledge
You can apply one of three ways:
* E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Apply in person at 909 N. Hayden Island Drive, Portland, OR 97217
* Fax your resume to 503-978-4550
Please list the job you are applying for on your resume
• Location: Jantzen Beach Bar & Grill
• Compensation: Wage starts at $14.00/hr. FTempl eligible for med/dent/life/vac & sick days
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
•do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers