Relief (part-time) Banquet Captain
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise banquet staff in the completion of the assigned functions and set-up, as well as oversee the service and break-down functions in a safe, accident-free manner.
1. Check server and houseperson BEOs to ensure that all information is accurate. (10%)
2. Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean. (15%)
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function. (20%)
4. Communicate all BEO changes to catering office and affected departments. (5%)
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions. (10%)
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day’s functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons. (10%)
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function. (5%)
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all
areas are clean. (10%)
9. Recap all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit. 10%)