Line Cook at Santeria
Please come on down and see the restaurant, but do not apply in person or call. You can learn a little more about us by visiting our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SanteriaPDX
Applicants need to be able/willing to do a working interview. Be aware that we take quality seriously and we work really hard.
The job pays $9.25/hr + an equal split of the tips ($40-$120/shift depending on how busy we are) earned during your shift. Employees get free food while you work and great employee pricing discounts when you are off work.
We need you to:
- Be seriously interested in this job if you are responding to this post
- HAVE HUSTLE
- ENJOY WORKING HARD AND RISING TO A CHALLENGE
- Be able to work in tight, hot quarters
- At least 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE working as a line cook
- Have excellent knife skills
- Be able to use a computer
- Be a fast dishwasher (we do them by hand)
- WORK FAST CLEAN AND ORGANIZED
- Enjoy your work
- Be willing to do what ever it is to get the job done
- Do some food serving and phone answering
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and be legal to work in the U.S.
- Be an adult and act like one
- Not have a substance abuse problem
We are a busy downtown, family owned Mexican restaurant seeking a self motivated line cook/prep cook to work HARD in a hot, galley style kitchen. We use a computer system to do prep lists, inventory and recipes so you you will need to be comfortable using a computer. There is some customer service involved, so you will need to be comfortable with the public.
We are a small place and every employee is a valuable part of our team. Your co-workers will need you to stay on task and work hard. If you are into rising to a challenge you will thrive, if not you will not last and its best that you pass this ad by.
We will train you and help you in any way we can, but if you need someone watching over your shoulder to keep you on task, this is not the job for you. We are serious about quality, consistency and service. We work hard and will expect a lot out of you, but we will treat you with fairness and dignity.