NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bamboo Izakaya is looking for a solid team for a new concept!
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a farm-to-table rustic Japanese drinking house, offering the highest quality seasonal and local ingredients. Working with real Japanese charcoal (binchotan) imported from Japan! We aim to create a superior drinking and dining experience with a warm and casual ambiance. We are looking for professional and dynamic individuals who have a passion for the hospitality industry.
This is also an opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry. Our Izakaya will continue to grow and develop the unique culture Bamboo Sushi has established over the last six years, fostering some of the most accomplished and fun to work with individuals you will ever encounter. The talent and skills they possess reinforce our strong and ever growing family here at Bamboo.
We at Bamboo Sushi & Bamboo Izakaya offer a progressive management culture unlike any in our industry. We feel that the craft of developing our people is as important as the culinary arts. The leadership team at Bamboo has implemented practices to create the best working environment that you will ever have. We encourage constant communication with all of our staff, and we are progressive and proactive when it comes to problem solving and believe that every individual opinion matters.
Qualities we are looking for:
• Minimum 2 years experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Loves to participate and succeed with a team.
• Chefs who challenge themselves to a higher standard.
• Individuals who are always looking for ways to be better everyday. Kaizen!
• Has a sense of humor and loves what they do.
• Unique skills, talents and strengths.
• Energetic, even-tempered, compassionate, and positive.
• Valid food handlers card.
• Japanese food knowledge appreciated, but not required.
• Dinner, late-night, and weekend brunch availability.
What we are offering:
• A once in a lifetime position working within a progressive company that invests in your future and encourages development.
• Dining discounts and competitive pay.
• Closed for major holidays and Sunday dinner services (9 days closed throughout the year!).
• Being part of a team that is forward thinking, positive, and energetic.
• A chance to make a difference in the way we see business and its impact on the environment.
• Working for a company that truly cares about you as a person.
Please reply with a cover letter and resume as a PDF or word document. And please, no phone inquiries at the restaurant.
The Bamboo Team