NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position is an onboard position. Candidate will live onboard the boat in the assigned crew areas. They will be on an 8-10-week on/2-week off rotation, meaning they will live entirely on the vessel for 8-10 weeks (including weekends), then have 2 weeks off. This position requires a clean background and drug screen. Our company prides itself on customer service, professionalism, and neat appearance. Candidates with previous cruise industry experience and four-star service experience are encouraged to apply.
Under the supervision of the Chief Housekeeper, the stateroom attendant’s duty is to see that an assigned number of passenger staterooms, officer staterooms, common areas and work areas are maintained in a timely fashion and in impeccable condition of cleanliness. These areas are to be provided with supplies, company literature and amenities for the total satisfaction of the passenger and your fellow crewmember that will exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – the following are essential functions of the job but are not all-inclusive.
• To present a professional appearance at all times: complying with Company uniform and grooming standards at all times.
• To introduce yourself and explain what services you will be providing to guests daily, throughout the cruise.
• To learn the passenger names in your assigned area and use them in greeting and conversing with guests, being certain to speak with each one daily.
• Maintain safe and sanitary conditions at all times. All FDA, Coast Guard and Maritime Security guidelines are to be followed at all times.
• To clean passenger and officer staterooms impeccably, on a daily basis – including private verandas.
• To report any maintenance issues found in your assigned staterooms or passenger areas on a daily basis.
• To properly stock, use and place cleaning carts as instructed.
• To place designated information and amenities in passenger staterooms
• To stay personally current on cruise events and programs in order to answer any passenger questions.
• Assist in removal of room service equipment (dining room trays, dishes, etc.) from passenger staterooms to appropriate locations. These items should never be left in passenger corridors or elevator lobbies.
• Assist in controlling circulating inventory (linens, soaps, etc.) and properly store dirty linens and garbage according to policies established by the Chief Housekeeper.
• Clean corridors, carpet, and change light bulbs in assigned run or as assigned by Chief Housekeeper.
• Assist other crewmembers with their duties whenever directed or whenever necessary to accomplish overall team goals of providing exemplary service to our guests
• Maintain a level of courtesy and professionalism in conversing with all guests Per, co-workers and management at all times.
• Assist with monthly inventories as assigned. Additionally, may be required to inventory for maintenance issues.
• Required to attend all meetings scheduled by the Chief Housekeeper or senior management.
• To read and follow all memos/directives as issued by company management.
• Perform duties as instructed by your supervisor or company management.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Hotel/cruise industry experience preferred
• Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests including but not limited to pre-employment, random, and post-accident testing
• Ability to maneuver tight quarters of the boat including many stairs, crew areas, engine room, and rooms without windows
• Living onboard the boat in close quarters with fellow co-workers for 8-10 weeks at a time
• Outside conditions, extreme heat, cold, rain, and wind.
• Marine operation subject to varied wake and motion.