Head Chef/ Kitchen Manager
At The Fields Bar & Grill we appeal to the true spirit of the Portland athlete and sports enthusiasts who have the need to fuel their sports passion no matter what the weather brings. We aim to provide great service, a high quality food and beverage product, and a comfortable entertaining environment that can be relied on time after time.
As a joint venture by local professionals and industry specialists who are familiar with the needs of the Pearl and the desires of its residents, The Fields Bar & Grill will feature large high definition flat screens, local and internationally brewed draft beers, a full service bar, a mouthwatering lunch and dinner menu, and interactive sports entertainment for those rainy days. Come spring of 2014, “The Fields” Bar & Grill will be the Pearl Districts premier place to watch sports.
Currently we are in need of an experienced head chef who is passionate about food and hospitality. The ideal candidate would be an effective team leader with good communication skills and a positive personality. Most importantly we are seeking someone who is systems driven and understands how to manage labor and food costs as well as maintaining inventory and sticking to budgets.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
• A minimum 3 years’ experience in a managerial role with a track record of success.
• Ability to develop new dishes from scratch.
• Experience with staffing, training, inventory, and food costs.
• Flexible schedule and willing to work weekends and holidays.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor.
• Experienced in full service, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
• Ability to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Computer literacy & POS experience a plus.