Head Chef and Kitchen Manager
Located in Lake Oswego, OR
HEAD CHEF AND KITCHEN MANAGER
Summary of Position:
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control, sanitation and cleanliness.
Creating the menu with the executive chef and cooking on a daily basis. Helping with hiring of amazing kitchen staff.
Creativity is the key in this job and at this restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Help with employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, and evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
• Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees with the owner.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
• Work with general manager/executive chef to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
• Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
• Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, and other equipment and food storage areas.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
• Looking for young striving chef that wants a chance to make his or her mark on a brand new Asian Fusion restaurant
• This is going to be a young and talented start-up
If you think you are qualified please send resume my way