Experienced Barista at Case Study
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Hours: between 30 and 40 hours a week
Case Study Coffee is hiring experienced baristas for our downtown, Sandy, and Alberta locations. As a member of our team, you will undergo a three month paid working trial and training period. Our training program provides a comprehensive learning approach through both classroom and lab work.
Upon completion, you will have a vast array of coffee knowledge.
We’re looking for those who offer A+ service and take coffee seriously.
- Be punctual and available to work any shifts between 5:30am and midnight, 7 days a week. (We always try to offer 2 consecutive days off)
- Learn the complexities and master the skills involved with producing quality coffee drinks.
- Must posses a discriminating palate and be expected to taste, distinguish, and correct for flaws in espresso shots and brew methods.
- Be well groomed and professionally presented.
- Taste espresso and coffee persistently through out shift.
- Take part in tasks involved with espresso catering and coffee delivery.
- Have access to reliable transportation and able to be punctual starting at 5:30am on some mornings.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Must work well in a team.
- Be able to sell and understand the proper usage of coffee brewing equipment.
- Must be mindful of product waste and work towards operating an efficient and sustainable coffee shop.
- Provide impeccable customer service to Case Study standards.
- Must have an attention to detail when accomplishing all shop tasks, including drink preparation, customer service, and cleaning.
- Must be able to check email, online schedules, and shop documents from home.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume through email. Describe your availability and describe your passion for coffee. Please tells us why you are passionate about working for Case Study Coffee.
We encourage you to come by our shop but please don’t bother the staff about the available job positions.
No phone calls.
Thank you for considering Case Study Coffee.
A bit about us:
Case Study Coffee is a coffeehouse and roaster based in Portland, OR. We currently operate out of two locations. Our original location is on Sandy Blvd. in the Rose City Park neighborhood. Our downtown location is located across from the central library on the corner of the Max and the Streetcar. The newest location will be on Alberta St. sharing the courtyard with the Tin Shed.
At Case Study Coffee, we hold the customer’s experience to the highest standard. From the coffee to the service and atmosphere, it is through a dedication to quality that we aim to leave a lasting impression to those we value most, our customers.
Case Study Coffee fosters Direct Trade relationships in Guatemala and is part of Coffee Roasters United, a small Portland-based company providing buying power of world class coffees for the independent micro-roaster.
Case Study showcases rotating seasonal single-origin coffees as espresso and on the brew bar. Each is roasted to emphasize our brew methods. A light roast is available as French Press and v60. A darker roast is available as espresso. Both are available bagged for retail. Frequently we offer flights of espresso or aeropress.
The experience wouldn’t be complete without our limited menu of signature syrups and beverages. Made in house with locally-sourced ingredients, our Chocolate, Hazelnut, Bourbon Caramel, Vanilla, and Fleur de Sel Caramel sauces provide our customers with the freshest preservative-free ingredients. Rotating ice-brewed coffees are always available.