NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Seattle-based Caffe Vita sources exceptional coffees from distinct regions around the globe. Sustainability, farm-direct buying, and strong community relationships are hallmarks of our philosophy. We are looking for passionate and self-driven professionals to join our team and grow with us. We are looking for an exceptional barista to work in our Lower East Side café. Applicants must have a genuine interest in coffee and possess excellent customer service skills. All applicants must have a strong work ethic and meet the following criteria:
• Minimum two years of specialty coffee experience
• Ability to make excellent coffee and espresso drinks
• Proficiency in milk texturing and latte art
• Demonstrated proficiency in advanced coffee brewing techniques
• Ability to multitask, manage volume demand & prioritize workflow
• Outstanding customer service acumen & demonstrated salesmanship
• Ability to problem solve & “create” alternatives to accommodate customers
Additionally, applicants must maintain a clean, groomed appearance at all times and exercise meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
Please apply with a resume and letter of interest.