NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position is an onboard position. Candidate will live onboard the boat in the assigned crew areas. They will be on a 12-week on/4-week off rotation, meaning they will live entirely on the vessel for 12 weeks (including weekends), then have 4 weeks off. This position requires a clean background and drug screen. Our company prides itself on customer service, professionalism, and neat appearance. Candidates with previous cruise industry experience and four-star service experience are encouraged to apply
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – the following are essential functions of the job but are not all-inclusive.
• Deliver dining experience at established company standards ensuring all food production is to include recipe compliance, plate appeal, taste testing, hot/cold requirements, buffet presentations, proper timing while meeting budgeted costs.
• Partner well with all departments
• Manage galley and related crews to ensure areas are clean and maintained according to universal sanitation and company standards and all state and federal regulations.
• Accounting skills including food cost profit and loss
• Ability to develop recipes and specialty items including accommodation of special dietary needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of galley and storage equipment
• Clean and neat appearance
• Exhibit above average organizational and time-management skills
• Ensure consistent implementation of departmental training and performance appraisal programs.
• Communicate repair and maintenance needs to engineering. Follow up to ensure service was performed
• Manage budget to include proper receiving, proper food handling, rotation, control of over-production and excess waste.
• Exhibit pride in facility maintenance and appearance by compliance with FDA regulations – provide constant direction in proper cleaning, food handling, receiving and storage
• Galley staffing – maintains payroll records, provides HR with personnel needs, assist with control of crew transportation
• Participate in Chef demonstrations, galley tour, cooking at some buffets, be available for passenger interaction, and waiter training pertaining to menu descriptions.
• Works with sous chefs and storeroom manager on supervision of utilities including trash storage and removal
• Control ordering of consumable products, chemicals, equipment, and paper goods.
• Provide healthy, well prepared, diverse food items for crew by working with crew and storeroom manager
• Perform other tasks as deemed necessary by your Supervisor
• High school diploma
• 2 year culinary degree, ACF certification, served and completed culinary apprenticeship program or has equivalent working experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in management/supervisory position
• Proficient in the use of personal computers
• Familiarity with current software programs
• Cruise industry experience preferred
• Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests including but not limited to pre-employment, random, and post-accident testing
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Outside conditions, extreme heat
• Marine operation subject to varied wake and motion
• Living onboard the boat in close quarters with fellow co-workers for 12-weeks at a time
• Ability to maneuver tight quarters of the boat including many stairs, crew areas, engine room, and rooms without windows
• Moderate noise level