Dinner Lab is hiring a Regional Chef
Dinner Lab is a platform for curious food enthusiasts and conversationalists to join together with one another to experience a dining experience removed of the traditions of the modern-day dinner; no white table cloth, prescribed menu, or assigned seating. Members of Dinner Lab eat unique meals that are typically reserved for those in the culinary world alongside a group of people assembled regardless of class, age, or social status at common tables; prepared by chefs cooking the foods they love and haven’t been allowed to cook. We don’t dictate what our chefs cook, discriminate on who are members are, and believe that the ambiance that is created by good people, good food, and good drink, is at the essence of the dining experience.
Our organization is growing and is actively searching to find team members to grow with us and provide a unique dining experience for our guests. We are specifically looking for a candidate to lead our Back of the House Teams as we expand into various markets.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter below.
- Must have 5+ years experience at top-notch fine dining restaurants
- Must have 3+ years in a kitchen managerial position
- Must have traveled extensively throughout the world and/or be highly knowledgeable with flavor palates from around the world
- Must have a flexible schedule, and capable of traveling extensively throughout the U.S.
- Must be a self-starter, have strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Must be organized and able to multitask in multiple areas.
- Virgo: Attention to detail, and extremely organized
- A strong leader and problem solver
- Chameleon: able to adapt, communicate, and work alongside an ever-growing list of chefs, personalities, and characters
- Creative and able to make orange juice with meyer lemons
- We are growing fast, and we are looking for someone who can evolve, learn, and create with us.
- Phone Interview
- Skype Interview: Following a phone interview, qualified candidates will need to conduct a Skype video conference call with the Board of Directors
- Tasting: The top 3 qualifies chefs will be flown down to New Orleans to cook a multi-course menu for Dinner Lab’s Board of Directors
This is a unique managerial position that combines elements of 5 Star Dining and Guerrilla Cooking. Picture this: executing a 10 course dinner, in a remote location, with minimal cooking equipment, but executing at a 5 star caliber. Now picture this candidate managing multiple team members who execute these high caliber events throughout various locations in the U.S. The candidate will be an integral part of the Dinner Lab corporate team, and will travel extensively to ensure that local markets are operating flawlessly, executing 5-star events with impeccable customer service and hospitality. The candidate needs to have the “smoking dreams” attitude of a Grant Achatz and the managerial acumen of Google’s Chief Operating Officer.
Salary: 40-60K Depending on qualifications
Expenses: All travel and business-related expenses will be paid for by Dinner Lab when opening new markets