Cooks/Kitchen Crew Lead – Oregon Zoo, temporary
Deadline to apply: Open Until Filled
Salary: $10.30 – $13.50 hourly
Do you belong at the zoo? If you have a strong commitment to customer service, a positive attitude and some leadership experience, consider applying to work on as a Cook/Kitchen Crew Lead at the zoo. Schedules are based on weather and zoo attendance, but we try to find shifts around your school and work schedule. Lead Kitchen crew members are line cooks, prep cooks and a la carte kitchen cooks.
Lead Kitchen Staff assist the management team with the daily operation of locations and events. They set the example for the food service crew by modeling a good work ethic and following Oregon Zoo Guest Services and Metro policies, procedures and values. Lead workers will be placed depending on skills, experience and staffing needs. These positions require a “can-do” attitude and exceptional customer service skills.
Zoo employees may not accept tips.
We are a seven day a week operation. Schedules may be flexible, so staff must be able to work multiple shifts including, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. These positions require some experience preparing and/or serving quick food specialty items.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At least one year total experience in the food and restaurant business, whether it be food preparation, line cook, banquet or catering business, or a combination of education and work experience in the related fields. Culinary school experience is a plus.
- At least six months experience leading and directing staff or of increasing responsibilities on the job
- Sufficient education to demonstrate the ability to read instructions, fill out necessary paperwork, and to perform routine arithmetic computations and tabulations with accuracy
- Available at least 3 days a week. Schedules may be flexible, so must be able to work a varied schedule.
- Must have ability to obtain a Multnomah County food handler’s permit at the time of employment.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.