Popular bourbon bar in NW Portland, specializing in Southern and Northwest inspired bar food, has an immediate opening for a full time Cook (5 days a week, 35-45hrs) Responsibilities include preparation and cooking, maintaining & following all procedures and recipes to ensure customer satisfaction, general cleaning, dishwashing, etc. This is at times a fast paced and high pressure environment, often with only one cook in a very small kitchen, therefore you must have an amazing work ethic and be extremely clean and organized at all times.
Specific duties include:
• General knowledge of all common cooking techniques.
• Adheres to proper hygiene
• Adheres to proper food handling procedures
• Ensures overall sanitation of kitchen areas including cleaning schedule is completed
• Preps food
• Stocks and restocks stations
• Maintains par levels of inventory
• Performs final preparation of food for customers to exact specifications
• Keeps waste to a minimum
• Maintains kitchen equipment in good order during all working hours.
• Cleanliness of dishes, silverware, and kitchen equipment.
• Cleanliness of kitchen during all working hours.
• 1+ years of experience cooking in a fast paced, 1-man kitchen
• Able to multi-task
• Works well independently and cooperatively in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong quality control skills
• Dependable, Responsible, with FULL AVAILABILITY.
• Adaptable / flexible—occasional work doubles and extra days.
• A sense of urgency at all times. If there’s down time, you clean and prep.
Must have proof of current Oregon Food Handler’s Card. OLCC Server’s Permit is a plus!
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES THROUGH POACHED. NO WALK INS OR PHONE CALLS. You must be willing to complete a working interview.