Kitchen Help/Bartender for Wine Bar
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Taste on 23rd we have a strong, fast, fun loving, successful wine bar team and need one more like-minded player to work beside us in the sophisticated yet unpretentious environment of our NW 23rd location. We seek experienced candidates for a combination position with both kitchen and front of the house responsibilities of approximately 30 hours per week. June 15th is the start date with shifts possible prior to that date.
We are serious about quality food and wine. Our food menu changes monthly and wine selections weekly. This position requires: a positive and outgoing personality to interact with guests and the willingness to do what needs to be done on any shift. The successful candidate will be required to learn every day and to effectively communicate food and wine selections to our guests. If you feel you are a good fit for this position, we would like to meet you.
Requirements for Kitchen:
• Three years of previous experience
• Excellent knife skills and the ability to demonstrate sound culinary techniques, safety, and health standards.
• Ability to prepare a la carte meals by utilizing fresh products to create dishes from established recipes.
• Valid food handler’s permit
• Culinary degree and/or apprenticeship are preferred but not required willing to train the right individual.
Requirements for Bartender/Server:
• two years of previous experience, preferably with a high-end facility.
• Knowledge of European wines and wine growing regions.
• Ability to effectively communicate wine flavors, aromas, etc to our guests.
• Valid OLCC License
Requirements for both Positions:
• Ability to stand, bend and lift up to 40lbs
• Willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Education and Experience:
Basic wine and culinary education a must, all training, past work experiences, and schooling considered. Contactable work history & references a must. Excel Spreadsheet knowledge is preferred.
Please submit resumes or drop off in person. Please do not call; we will contact you for an interview after resume has been reviewed.