Chef De Partie
This position is leads a small team responsible for our Apero(happy hour) and dinner menus as well as food prep for sandwich/salad stations. Duties include making Spätzle, Tartes Flambe(oven baked flatbreads), meat & cheese boards and crepes to order, menu development, creating seasonal/rotating items, and creating menus for special events such as private parties and cider/beer/wine tastings and pairings. A strong foundation in French Cuisine is a necessity, as is experience in a leadership position. This is a full time position with benefits (health insurance, paid time off) after 90 days. Competitive wage DOE. Position is available immediately.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous experience in a Demi or Chef De Partie role
• Lead by example, takes initiatives and manage a team.
• Build effective and constructive relationships.
• Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
• Greet and welcome customers in a polite and friendly manner.
• Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
• Conduct and supervise all production and baking operations of the evening menu program.
• Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to our specific standards.
• Supervise production of all culinary bases for the Salad Sandwich station and Deli case.
• Assist in new product development and recipes.
• Control and maintain appropriate levels of stock and inventory of back up products for customer service area to conduct business throughout the day.
• Prepare and place orders for supplies from purveyors.
• Assist in receiving, rotating and storing deliveries.
• Participate in the hire process and ensure training of section personnel, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
• Participate in the performance appraisal process of section personnel.