Catering Sales & Event Coordinator
CATERING SALES & EVENT COORDINATOR
Portland catering company hiring immediately for the role of Sales & Event Coordinator
This is a mid-level position for an experienced catering sales professional. Successful candidates should have excellent sales skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills, impressive attention to detail, and an expansive local network of industry contacts. We are looking for a self-starter who can find and maintain new clientele.
The Sales & Event Coordinator is responsible for successfully taking events from start to finish. This includes intake, booking, writing menus & proposals, planning, coordinating, collecting/recording payment, and follow-up. The Sales & Event Coordinator must maintain the highest level of customer service as the main liaison between clients and the company, and must embody strong communication skills (both oral and written). Problem solving is a must. The Sales & Event Coordinator works closely with all other catering staff and vendors; therefore must be able to remain highly focused in a fast-paced environment, and be able to multi-task and show flexibility as a member of our team.
• Minimum three years experience in catering and/or event sales & planning operations
• Prior event management experience is required
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills
• Technology skills required: Google Documents, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher
• Experience with catering software (such as Total Party Planner) is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Monday through Friday work schedule, with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Please email your current resume (PDF) to UrbanRestaurantsPDX@gmail.com. In the body of the email, please explain (in 100 words or less) why you’re the right person for the job, and what sets you apart from the other candidates.
**No phone calls please. We respectfully request that you do not submit your resume in person. Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email.**