Catering Event Planner – Off-premise
Food in Bloom Event Planners are responsible of all aspects of planning and assisting with the execution of off-premise catering events.
In this position, the Event Planner will report directly to the General Manager and the owners of the VT Group. They are also required engage with the rest of the sales team, operations team and kitchen team during weekly staff meetings and throughout the week to communicate the needs of their events.
Job responsibilities & skills including but not limited to the following:
• Two years of catering experience required – off premise experience preferred
• Responsible for planning and coordinating all details of corporate, non-profit and private events
• Act as central contact for all aspects of the event process
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Understand food and beverage pairings and possess ability to create menus that meet client needs
• Increase event business through product cross sales, venue promotion and repeat clients
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to quickly learn Caterease, our database software among others
• Flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends, and holidays
• Participate and represent Food in Bloom at trade shows, open houses and marketing events
• Contract with vendors to procure rentals, décor, food items, etc. for events
• Email sample proposals, photos, venue info to prospective clients
• Familiarization with all FIB event venues
• Tour Clients – Various Venues
• Conduct Tastings, Client Mtgs, etc.
• Professional and strategic communication skills
• Strong sales capability
Compensation package typically includes a competitive base salary plus sales commissions. Health insurance, paid vacation, and holiday pay also included.
Please provide current resume and be prepared to provide three references upon request.