NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We have immediate opening for a Cafe Manager, we are looking for a professional, friendly and motivated individual to be part of our busy SE bakery & café who is interested in great coffee, great food and the improvement of guest experience. Must be available to work weekends. This position will oversee the FOH operations and have responsibility for opening as well as closing duties for the cafe including, employee checkouts, maintaining employee documentation, scheduling, training & development, Applicant should be comfortable engaging guests to ensure a positive experience. This position reports to the GM & Owner. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required..
People who have worked in a family food business, and people who have worked in high volume food establishments are encouraged to apply
Café Manager Job Duties:
• Actively supervise all FOH activities.
• Mentor and train staff in the areas of service skill, product knowledge
• Serve as MOD in absence of the Owner
• Assist in the interviewing and selection of new staff.
• Implement and follow through on new employee orientation
• Be cognizant of expenses, use of resources and assignment & scheduling of staff to ensure minimum cost exposure while ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Provide management with recommendations for process improvements, to include service improvement, increased profitability and improved staff relations.
• Ensure all side work is completed and provide coaching as needed.
• Provide formal and informal performance feedback, to include documentation and participation with upper management regarding determination and issuance of any disciplinary action.
• Assistance in the development of procedures.
Café Job Duties
• Previous experience working in a bakery cafe environment is desired.
• Must have recent barista experience. Have ability to pull shots, steam milk and have knowledge of espresso drinks.
• Ensure the safety of our guests as well as enforce the establish safety guidelines for the staff.
• Packaging, pricing, arranging, merchandising and selling of baked goods, retail foods and beverages.
• Assist with Inventory & ordering.
• Be flexible with shift availability and be open for weekends and evenings.
• Operation of a Square IPAD POS and recent barista/bakery/café/cash-handling/customer service experience.
• Multnomah County Food Handler Card or ability to obtain one.
• OLCC Card or ability to obtain one
General Job Duties
• Be confident in their abilities
• Be quick thinking & able to multi-task and pitch in
• Possess a sense of urgency
• Understand the importance of follow-through
• Accept and follow instructions well
• Possess a sense of humor
• Have good manners
• Exhibit strong common sense skills (important)
• 2-3 years FOH management experience required, preferably in a high-volume casual-style cafe.
• Demonstrable experience interviewing, selecting, training and providing performance feedback including implementation of corrective action required.
• Open availability.
• Reliable & punctual form of transportation to and from work.