Barista / Cafe Attendant
Spin Laundry Lounge, Portland’s eco-focused Laundromat, bar & cafe, seeks one experienced candidate to join our team in the position of Barista/Cafe Attendant. Great customer service must be your second nature and a passion for sustainability is a must. Spin is open daily from 8am to midnight with closing shifts ending around 1am. We are looking to hire for one or two shifts per week initially with room to grow into more shifts overtime. Closing availability is essential.
1. Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner, and provide exceptional customer service.
2. Must be able to make consistent coffee/espresso drinks, and prepare and present delicious deli items – sandwiches, salads, etc.
3. Must be able to serve beer and wine.
3. Maintain a clean kitchen and café. This includes cleaning counters/furniture/bathrooms/floors/kitchen equipment, washing dishes, washing windows, etc. You know, All of The Things.
4. Use the Shopkeep POS system to ring up orders and accurately handle cash.
If hired, all applicants must present evidence of U.S. citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the United States, and have a Valid Oregon Food Handlers card & OLCC Servers Permit.
We are looking for people who share a passion for community and sustainability and are excited to share these initiatives with our customers. Please include a cover letter with your resume letting us know why you want to work at Spin, along with three references.
You must be 18 years or older to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!