NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION, please apply online at:http://www.hollanderinvestments.com/employment.html
Hollander Investments, Inc. is seeking a Banquet Chef for our Crowne Plaza hotel in Portland, OR. The Banquet Chef directs and coordinates the operations of the kitchen and staff to include: Lead Cook, Line Cooks and Dishwashers.
Hollander Investments, Inc., based in Bellingham, WA for almost 40 years, develops and manages a unique mix of hotels and leased office space with over 400 employees in Washington and Oregon. We are committed to providing the highest quality services by exceeding guest expectations and industry standards, maintaining a professional staff of dedicated, knowledgeable and innovative people and remaining financially successful through earning a fair profit.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
• Paid Time Off and Holidays
• Hotel travel discounts
• Employee Assistance Programs
For eligible employees:
• Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
• 401(k) with company contribution
• Food and beverage products, preparation and handling techniques
• Health codes, food sanitation and safety practices
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Skills and Ability to:
• Acknowledges, understands and abides by Company policies and procedures.
• Work independently and manage one’s time to meet productivity requirements
• Meet quality standards for service and maintains a neat and clean work station at all times.
• Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to convey information effectively.
• Maintain calm demeanor under pressure and during to constantly changing situations.
• Wear appropriate uniform and name badge and maintain personal cleanliness as prescribed by Company policy.
• Establish and maintain effective professional, courteous, constructive relationships with guests, staff and management team.
Education and Experience:
• Four years of progressively responsible culinary experience; college degree or related experience preferably in hotel industry.
• Valid Food Handlers Permit
Medium Work: Ability to maintain standing position for long periods of time.
Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer