We are looking for someone to join our culinary team at Red Lion Hotel Salem as a Banquet Chef.
This position is responsible for:
- Cooking, preparing, and garnishing all hot food and cold food for Banquets and all Catered events.
- Supervise in the daily production of banquets menus and the day to day prep lists.
- Maintain and delegate daily prep lists and tasks as assigned by Chef.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Taste and visually inspects all prepared food made in the culinary areas and takes action to correct any irregularities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to perform duties under pressure
- Meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Team Player who leads by example, support and demonstrate strong leadership in the kitchen
- Must have a minimum of 1 year Banquet Cook / Chef Experience.
- Possess considerable knowledge in food preparation, presentation and portion control.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of employees in the kitchen area.
- Ability to develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and patrons in an English speaking environment.
- Has a flexible schedule being able to work holidays, weekends, days and night shifts.
- Experience in Supervising and directing co-workers.
We are accepting applicants from all areas. This is an hourly position.
If you meet our minimum qualifications, we will contact you for an interview.
*Please no phone calls.