NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for bakers who are passionate about making delicious, high quality products!
We are a Quality Driven established bakery in Vancouver looking for an experienced baker for 32-40 hours/week. Applicants must be able to work weekends and have a flexible, open schedule.
Bakers will be scaling, mixing, dividing, forming, proofing, and baking breads, pastries & desserts. You will be called on to operate a large range of bakery equipment. This job requires the physical ability to handle repetitive motion tasks, lift 50 lbs, and stand for eight hours. This shift involves working with a number of other bakers as a team, and requires an excellent work ethic, and an attention to detail is a must!
Applicants must show ability and a reasonable or high learning curve. Baking interviews will be required. 2 or more year’s prior bread baking experience preferred.
Starting pay DOE
Shift meal, espresso drinks and employee discount at day one.
• High School diploma or equivalence
• 2 years baking experience preferred
• Be a positive and cheerful team player
• Provide prompt and friendly customer service
• Maintain a working knowledge of bakery and related products
• Basic math skills/recipe computations; accurately use scales
• Use clear and effective oral, written and listening communication skills
• Maintain organization and multi-task, meet deadlines
• Possess a valid Food Handlers Card
• Cross work in other departments as necessary
• Reliable/regular attendance required
• Work variable hours