Artisan Bread Baker/Mixer
Saint Honoré Bakery in Lake Oswego is hiring a Bread Baker/Mixer. This full time position involves mixing/hand-shaping/baking baguettes, rolls, and other specialty artisan loaves in our amazing hand made rotating oven, utilizing formulas and techniques by our Master Baker Dominique Geulin, MOF. We’re looking for someone with the passion, talent, and experience to continue our proud history of quality traditional French baking. Duties also include maintaining natural levains, planning your production according to upcoming needs, and general bakery team work such as shaping quiche/tart shells, hand rolling doughs, prepping items for the next days production and receiving inventory on a twice weekly basis.
Candidates will need to
• Be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
• Possess a sense of urgency
• Have reliable transportation as our day begins at 5AM
• Be a self starter
• Be able to work for long periods on their feet
• Have a flexible schedule including weekends
• Conduct themselves in a friendly and professional manner with guests and co-workers
• Have an Oregon Food Handlers Card
• Possess basic math skills
Optimal candidates will have proven experience in the artisan bread industry and a strong knowledge of the science/chemistry of bread.
Medical/Dental insurance after 90 days. Paid Vacation after 1 year. Wages D.O.E.