NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Laurelwood Public House & Brewery is hiring an Assistant General Manager. We offer competitive rates and benefits. This position also takes up to 3 tipped shifts a week. Please see our website to learn more about us!
To direct and supervise the daily operations of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction. Train and guide staff to build food and beverage sales that meet or exceed budgeted guidelines. Promote excellent service by providing training and education to employees, Maintain facility, creating a secure and safe environment.
1. Set excellent guest service and professional work examples.
2. Staff dining room according to levels of business and budgetary guidelines.
3. Order and receive product as directed.
4. Be informed and up-to-date on all menu, beverage, and special event information.
5. Update Point of Sale system with current menu and price changes.
6. Provide training to all new employees as required by restaurant.
7. Actively participate in the recruiting and hiring of new employees.
8. Continually develop staff through training and education.
9. Maintain inventory systems as directed by General Manager.
10. Assist all management in maintaining restaurant and equipment in “like new condition.”
11. Supervise and maintain all restaurant cash and credit card controls.
12. Complete all assigned daily, weekly, and monthly administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
13. Continually educate staff in appreciation of and compliance with all health and sanitation laws.
14. Understand and practice proper telephone etiquette.
15. Work directly with guests to resolve any problems or complaints.
16. Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed as requested by the General Manager.
1. Knows how to operate P.O.S. system
2. Knowledge and understanding of purchasing inventory control and employee scheduling.
3. Basic math skills and cash handling procedures.
4. Knowledge of basic training principles.
5. Understanding of local, state, and federal regulations regarding WISHA laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
6. Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding the responsible sale of alcohol.
1. Professional communication skills, oral and written.
2. Actively supervises, motivates and disciplines employees.
3. Assists with hiring and training of all new employees.
4. Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
5. Organization skills.
6. Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team player.
7. Works well under pressure.
8. Can effectively solve problems.
9. Able to take direction.
10. A minimum of two years working in management.
1. 90% of time standing and 10% of time sitting.
2. Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
3. Behaves professionally and can be flexible in a changing environment.
4. Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
5. Must speak fluent English.
6. Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
7. Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
8. Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
9. Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs.
Can work independently with little supervision.
Non Essential Duties and Functions
1. Use of a Point of Sale System
2. Computer Competency (MS Word and MS Excel)